Ox Bile Extract
Bile is excreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder until needed to assist in digestion of lipids, or fats. Bile salts, which are the active components of the bile, assist in breaking down cholesterol and other fat components in the intestines. Supplemental bile extract helps emulsify fats and promotes absorption of fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins K, A, D and E.
A deficiency of bile production, or decreased excretion of bile by the gallbladder can lead to gallstones. These gallstones are formed from various combinations of cholesterol, concentrated bile, minerals and pigments.
Benefits of ox bile extract
- Assists in metabolizing cholesterol and fat
- Facilitates absorption of vitamins K, A, D and E
- May help prevent gallstones
- May help moderate cholesterol and triglycerides
- May be beneficial in treating liver diseases such as cirrhosis and hepatitis