2% Pyrithione Zinc Shampoo Bars
2% Pyrithione Zinc Shampoo Bars
ABOUT THIS DANDRUFF SHAMPOO BAR
Grace of Me 2% Pyrithione Zinc Solid Dandruff Shampoo Bars are wonderful. A single 4 oz bar is equal to roughly three 8 fl oz bottles of shampoo. Shampoo bars last way longer than liquid shampoo because you can get your hair all sudsy with just a few swipes through your hair as opposed to a big squirt of liquid shampoo. Our shampoo bars are free from Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and are made mostly from vegetable ingredients. We use all-natural essential oil aromas and add soothing Aloe Vera and Shea Butter. Our dandruff shampoo bars have excellent lather. The high glycerin content provides good moisturizing. Pyrithione zinc shampoo is safe for everyday use by adults and children and this cleansing shampoo bar is good for all skin and hair types. The uses are many and well documented online.
This product is branded 'Grace of Me' and was developed in part by Grace Addison of Falmouth, Maine (ME). Fourteen-year-old Grace, daughter of DermaHarmony's owner, wants to rid the world of unnecessary plastics. She picked solid shampoo as an environmental cause in 8th grade. Perhaps someday shampoo bottles with be a thing of the past.
4 OZ (113 G) - 3" (76mm) round by just over 1" (26mm) thick
1.6 OZ (45.3 G) - 2" (50mm) round by just over 1" (26mm) thick
Rub directly onto hair to create a later. Massage into your hair and scalp. Leave in contact with skin for at least 30 seconds. Rinse well. Store bar on a soap tray or rack so that it dries between uses.
Some people are sensitive or allergic to Zinc Pyrithione. A mild tingling or burning sensation is not uncommon (incidence under 5%) at first use and usually subsides with continued use. If you experience a severe burning sensation you should discontinue use because you are likely sensitive or allergic. Avoid contact with eyes. Zinc Pyrithione and the shampoo bar itself will irritate the eyes (flush eyes for several minutes if shampoo comes into contact).
The list looks long and complicated because making highly performant shampoo is not easy. This is a vegetable-based solid shampoo with conditioning additives. Every ingredient was scrutinized for safety. We've chosen the most natural ingredients possible to produce an aesthetically pleasing safe shampoo bar.
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) (a sodium salt ester/fatty acid derived from plant matter that solubilizes oils, reduces surface tension, and adds foam)
Sodium Stearate (sodium stearate is the sodium salt of stearic acid - this white solid is the most common 'soap')
Sorbitol (a sugar alcohol)
Sodium Laurate (a surfactant that is entirely derived from the vegetable sources of coconut and/or palm kernel oil - this ingredient is frequently confused with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) [SLS is not safe].
Propylene Glycol (made from glycerin, this is a moisturizer, emulsifier and carrier for fragrance oils)
Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES - a plant derived surfactant found in many personal care products)
Sodium Chloride (table salt)
Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate (a surfactant foam-boosting agent derived from plants - a surfactant is a substance that lowers the surface tension of oils)
2% Pyrithione Zinc
Titanium Dioxide (a natural mineral)
Stearic Acid (a vegetable-derived waxy substance used to add firmness to the shampoo bar - is also a surfactant)
Lauric Acid (a saturated fatty acid that comes from Palm or Coconut that contributes hardness, cleansing, and big fluffy lather)
Shea Butter (fat that is extracted from the nuts of the shea tree Vitellaria paradoxa)
Pentasodium Pentetate (this salt of Pentetic Acid is used as a chelating agent to bind and sequester metal ions)
Tetrasodium Etidronate (this is a chelating agent formed of four carboxylic acid groups attached to two nitrogen atoms)
Polyquaternium 7 (organic conditioner)
Aloe (Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder)
Sodium Benzoate (a natural preservative)
BAR SPECIFIC INGREDIENTS:
- Unscented: No other ingredients.
- Citrus: Lemongrass Essential Oil, Linalool (naturally occurring terpene alcohol from flowers), D-Limonene (oil of citrus fruit peels), Mica. The color of this bar is light blue.
- Peppermint: Mentha Piperita Oil (peppermint), Mentha Spicata L. (Spearmint) Oil, Mica, Iron Oxide. The color of this bar is light green.
- Vanilla & Cinnamon: Vanilla, Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & Carnation Oils. The color of this bar is white - the bar may brown slightly with age because of the vanilla.
- Lavender: Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil, Mica, Iron Oxide, Manganese Violet. The color of this bar is light purple.
- Tea Tree: Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Lemongrass Essential Oil, Mica, Iron Oxide. The color of this bar is light brown.
- Spirulina: Blue Spirulina (high-protein algae), Pinus Sylvestris (Scotch Pine essential oil), D-Limonene (oil of citrus fruit peels) The color of this bar is green.
- Lime: Citrus Aurantifolia (Key Lime) Oil, Mica. The color of this bar is light blue.
DANDRUFF SHAMPOO BAR PACKAGING
The Grace of Me products prioritize the use of recycled and renewable materials. The brown Kraft envelope used by this product is 100% paper - an eco-friendly choice. The sleeve is made of Kraft paper with an inner plant-based PLA (Polylactic Acid) lining. The pressure sensitive closure uses gum/glue so that we don't need to use plastic tape. Even our thermal shipping label is eco-friendly. The packaging is ASTM D6400 compliant. Please recycle or follow ASTM D6400 guidelines.
- We favor ingredients derived from nature.
- We support the use of sustainable growing and harvesting practices.
- We source from suppliers that value human & labor rights.
- We don’t use animal ingredients (with the exception several products that contain honey and/or beeswax).
- Work is underway to minimize the environmental impact of our end-to-end supply chain. Recyclability and biodegradability are heavily favored.
Made in the USA
Colors vary slightly from batch to batch and as bars cure
This is a hand-made product that may have variations in texture and appearance caused by cutting and finishing
Use within 30 months of purchase